Monday, March 31, 2008

Winter White Earl Grey

Today I am drinking... Winter White Earl Grey, which for the past two years has been my favorite hot tea beverage.




Composition: Mutan white tea with bergamot
Visual: A mixture of light and dark green leaves this loose tea comes packaged in silk triangular shaped sachets.
Dry Aroma: Very Pungent - currently undescribable
Flavor: Full bodied and slightly bitter - probably attributed to the bergamot as I am reminded of a lemon/orange rind. I prefer to drink with sweetener - sugar, sugar in the raw or honey
Liquor: Dark yellow to light brown
Brewing Time: 3-8 minutes - I opt for 8 minutes because I love a strong cup of tea.
Manufacturer: Harney & Sons Fine Teas
Caffeine: Yes
Special Note: One tea bag brews two cups of tea

What is Bergamot? (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Main Entry: ber·ga·mot
Function: noun
Etymology: French bergamote, from Italian bergamotta, modification of Turkish bey armudu, literally, the bey's pear
Date: 1650
a pear-shaped orange of a Mediterranean tree (Citrus aurantium bergamia) having a rind that yields an essential oil used especially in perfumery

No comments: