Friday, April 4, 2008

Seven Sons Congratulating












Recently, my family and I drank Seven Sons Congratulating for the first time. This tea is one of the four "Art Teas" sold by Harney and Son Fine Teas. Of course, I had to purchase a special clear glass tea pot for the occasion. Not being able to watch the tea "bloom" would have spoiled the fun. The tasting would not have been complete without a review.
Composition: Green and White Tea buds
Dry Visual: Looks like a flower bulb planted in one's flower bed
Dry Aroma: Very little smell
Flavor: I was pleasantly surprised by how flavorful this tea was. My first love leans towards a stronger tea so I typically do not drink green tea. Seven Sons Congratulating has changed my mind.
Liquor: Yellow with a slightly pink hue
Brewing Time: Typically 3 to 5 minutes. However, to obtain the full effect of the Art Tea, the bulb remains in the clear glass teapot thus causing the tea to increase in strength.
Manufacturer: Harney & Sons Fine Teas
Caffeine: Yes


Special Note:

The green and white tea buds are pressed into a bulb with a red flower. When placed into hot water, the bulb blossoms revealing the red flower surrounded by a white crown. One bulb brews two to three cups of tea.



If there are any other Seven Sons Congratulating drinkers out there I'd love to hear from you. Until then...happy tea drinking!

Reference: Harney and Sons website - http://harney.com

No comments: